The Block,The World Is My Block,Great Blogs,Blogging
Tuesday 10 November 2009

Block Crush: Alicia Keys

Posted by Tahirah

I was going to call it a girl-crush, but I know resident blocker BLAZE appreciates a bit of A.Keys just as much as the rest of us, so she's definitely a united-Block Crush.



This is the cover a promo shot for her new album, Element of Freedom, which she's currently hard on the promo trail for. She looks stunning as usual. Props to ThatGrapeJuice.


And while she's currently promoting Don't Mean Anything - but I'm not a huge fan of it personally (and I wasn't feeling the whole piano-in-desert-climbing-mountain thing). However, I love what is set to be her second single, Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart. It kinda reminds me of Kanye's 808 & Heartbreak stuff (defo reminiscent of Love Lockdown), as the drum-pattern is similar and it'll definitely be a grower rather than one you love on first listen.




But forget the music...let's take a moment to appreciate the gawjousness that is Miss A Keys. She seems to segue seamlessly between an ijusdongiveafuh attitude and being an inspirational celebrity role-model. Plus she's the only star I know who's gotten off so easily from the public over her alleged man-theft (just sayin').

The Block loves her...



2 comments:

BLAZEOHMYDAYZ! said...

I love Alicia....and she loves me. A fact proven by her infatuation with Swizz Beatz, who looks slightly like myself.

Anonymous said...

Don't sell yourself short like that bruv, Swizz Beatz is funny looking.