The Block,The World Is My Block,Great Blogs,Blogging
Monday 28 July 2008

Festivalllsss!

Posted by Tahirah

Sir Jimmy Cliff @ Rise Festival


I love festival season. You get to see thousands upon thousands of people who love music and getting pissed or high. I don't drink or smoke, but I appreciate the fact that the inebriation make people act happy and friendly. Unfortunately a lot of festival heards think that the fact that they love music and getting pissed or high means that they can neglect socially accepted hygiene standards but it's okay - I've accepted that filth is part of the experience.

So. I didn't go to Glastonbury. Or the one I actually wanted to go to - 02 Wireless Festival. Or the one I REALLLYYY wanted to go to, Germany's Summerjam. But it doesn't matter coz I went to London's best free Festival - Rise Festival in Finsbury Park.

Rise Fest

Tawiah
Festival tramps - there's always a few
Bashy's Africa chain from Mali. Mmm sexy bling!
The Creative boys at the Festival
Routes 2 Roots all-stars (Kele Le Roc who is a beast onstage, Bashy & Akala) rocking the African Village stage

Then last Sunday, I went to Love Box in Victoria Park

The only ACT we actually saw onstage was Goldfrapp. And I didn't bother to take any pictures of them BUT the cousin & I had a blast down there. The surrounding area was better than the mainstage itself.

Drag queens (or transvestites) luring us into Love Box's fake New York nightclub - Downlow
The drag queens' house

Official festival hippies

Tahi...x

0 comments: