The Block,The World Is My Block,Great Blogs,Blogging
Monday 27 July 2009

Facebook Par

Posted by Tahirah

Seeing as I'm posting random pictures of my self - I think I should enlighten you of the utmost douchebaggery Facebook is going on with.

I clicked onto a random website (that wasn't Facebook) recently...and THAT was the banner ^^^
If you can't see it clearly - it was basically my Facebook profile picture (at the time) with "Hey Tahirah...who thinks you are good-looking? Find out by clicking [[wastewebsite.com]]"

So I was like... "I don't have a profile on [[wastewebsite.com]] ...how do they know my name and have my picture?!"

Then I found out yesterday - in line with Facebook's usual parrage of people's privacy - Facebook has agreed to let third party advertisers use your posted pictures without your permission. So when you're next on FB click on "Settings" up at the top where you see the "Logout" link. Select "Privacy". Then select "News Feed and Wall". Next, select the tab that reads "Facebook Ads". In the drop down box, select "No One". Then save your changes.

Anyway, forget Facebook. Right now I'm rocking with Twitter ...until they fully sell themselves to "The Man." Sike - they've blatantly sold themselves to MI5 for adspace already.

So I guess it's just a friendly reminder to everything that there is NOTHING private about the internet, once you put your shit on the web, even for a minute, you want the public to have access to it. From effed up Facebook pictures to blog posts where you par yourselves by getting a BIT too personal - big brother's watching and he will sell it on and and make an advert out of it!

0 comments: