The Block,The World Is My Block,Great Blogs,Blogging
Saturday 28 March 2009

Melanie Fiona

Posted by Tahirah

Melanie Fiona - she's gorgeous - what the boy's would call an, ahem, "PENG TING"

One of my favourite new singers, Motown artist Melanie Fiona was in London on Tuesday to support Mr Hudson at Scala. I didn't get to go to the show as me and my comrades were putting on a music showcase at my university.

But I hit up the afterparty which was filled with creative types, and had Reggie Yates and Acyde on the decks in the middle of a rotating DJ platform. Mr Hudson was raving it up and spent some time on the mic at the DJ booth, but Melanie Fiona also did an inpromptu PA of Give it to Me Right.

Performing at the Mr Hudson afterparty

I'm really excited by the stuff I've heard from her forthcoming LP The Bridge - Give it to Me Right is a big tune but I also like It Kills Me and I'm in LOVE with Sad Songs - she tackled the UK Reggae classic Silly Games by Janet Kay and she did it justice! If by some chance you haven't heard of her yet, check out the leading single here:






0 comments: