The Block,The World Is My Block,Great Blogs,Blogging
Saturday 8 March 2008

Welcome to my block!

Posted by Tahirah

I suppose now would be a good time to write something that convinces you to read MY blog out of the kazillions online. I tried to think of something profound to write for my first blog, but I couldn’t. So I decided to tell you a bit about me…

I am a girl.

I am NOT normal. I never have been, never can be and never will be an “average” anything.

I am broke. I’ve chosen creativity over money – I wouldn’t have it any other way. No matter how much I might grumble about poverty.

I have some addictions. Music, colours & words. Tetris & Diet (Crack) Coke [the brown, fizzy type bottled by Killer Coca Cola, not the white stuff bagged by the local dealer] – ethically its so bad but it tastes so good.








I write. A LOT. But I've a terrible habit of not letting my writing get any further than my My Documents or my hundreds of notepads and exercise books and jotters.

I read. A lot, but not enough. Books rule, nerds are cool & freaks make the world go round.



I love clothes [I’m a girl, most of us do, even if we don’t admit it]. I’ve dressed different forever – not always a positive different, mind, sometimes *whispers* strange different (at some point in my pre-teens my warped mind thought leopard skinned leggings and pink trainers looked good together LONG BEFORE “retro” was cool). But now I’ve managed to match originality with a bit of class & style.















I HATE the sound of my own voice, but I love forcing it upon listeners every week over the airwaves.




I am NOT a music expert. I want to be.











I still have a LOT to learn. And I love people who teach me.



I LOVE motivational people – especially creative young people. They inspire me, and force me to think about upping my game.





This blog is my online notebook – pictures, scribbles, doodles, audio clips, video clips, song reviews, thoughts and any other random mess I feel to share, will be shared. So should you expect celebrity gossip and fashion tips? Probably not. Social commentary? What I had for breakfast? More likely…



I am going to take over MY world; I’m just still figuring out slowly how to do it. I’m taking you on my journey.


Tahirah...x

0 comments: